The Norwegian Union of Commerce and Office Employees (HK) organises employees in sectors such as service, administration, finance, marketing, banking, sales, shops, aviation and tourism, organisations, media and publishing, and transport.
Much of your daily life is spent at work. What you earn provides a platform for your standard of living. Your job should give you both a feeling of security and social identity. All the more reason to protect your interests at work by joining HK.
Approximately 72.000 workers employed in the commercial and office sector are organised in HK.
- Help if problems arise at the workplace
- Information about your rights at the workplace
- Courses/conferences arranged by the trade union
- Scholarship arrangements
- Financial help the first few days if you lose your job through no fault of your own
- Union magazine
- Norway's best home contents insurance cover
- LOfavør which provides membership benefits including good deals on insurance, bank services, holidays and leisure, legal aid, electricity etc. Read more at www.lofavor.no
What does membership cost?
The fee for ordinary members is calculated from monthly gross income. The amount is 1,4% of gross income plus an insurance premium of around NOK 172 per month. Student members only pay NOK 500 per year. Apprentices only pay NOK 110 insurance premium.